Eco Friendly Gifts
I work hard to keep my carbon footprint low and to keep Talking of Plants eco-friendly.
Made in the UK
All of my collections are designed and manufactured in the UK*, to minimise my carbon footprint. Browse all products here.
None of my products include single-use plastic, and many are made from recycled materials, and can be composted or recycled.
- Postcards are printed in England onto thick, FSC approved paper-stock. They are presented inside a cardboard envelope which has been made in the UK from 100% recycled materials. The whole product is fully recyclable.
- Art Prints are printed in England onto matte paper-stock. They are presented inside a compostable bag, which has been made in the UK and is compostable and biodegradable. It has a "made from compostable film" label on it, which is also biodegradable and compostable. The piece of grey-board backing has been made from 100% recycled materials. The whole product is fully recyclable.
- Tea Towels are printed onto 100% cotton, in Suffolk by Star Editions†. They are presented in a card belly band which is recyclable.
- Aprons are printed onto vegan suede, in England, using a water-free manufacturing and printing process, using eco-friendly inks. They are presented in a kraft belly band and tied, cotton string - both are compostable.
- Pet Beds are printed onto tough canvas, in England, using a water-free manufacturing and printing process, using eco-friendly inks.
- Placemats are printed onto FSC hardwood, in England, at a water-free manufacturing and printing facility, using eco-friendly inks.
- Napkins are printed onto cotton, in England, using a water-free manufacturing and printing process, using eco-friendly inks. They are presented in a cardboard box, wrapped in a kraft bellyband - both recyclable.
- Greetings Cards are printed in England onto matt paper-stock. They are "naked" cards, which means they are not packaged and are supplied with a coordinating envelope. The card and envelope are fully recyclable.
- Gift Wrap is printed in England onto matt paper-stock. I supply wrapping paper sheets simply folded into quarters. Fully recyclable.
- Wooden Decorations are printed in England onto FSC plywood (birch and poplar). Garden twine hangers include organic jute twine from Nutscene® - manufactured in Scotland.
- Clothing is printed in the UK* onto 100% organic cotton. Fully recyclable – they are designed to be returned once they have worn out and remade again, so that they never enter landfill. Find out more about circular, organic clothing here.
I never use single-use plastic in any of my packaging. In many cases it is made from recycled materials, and all of it can be recycled.
Products are wrapped in 100% recycled, “hairy” manilla tissue paper and sealed with a paper sticker. Each one is then packaged inside a cardboard postal box which is made from 70% recycled materials. Boxes are sealed with paper tape. Everything can be recycled after use.
My organic cotton tees and sweatshirts are shipped directly from the folks that print them for me. They will be sent in a rip-proof, splash-proof paper mailer bag. Large orders come in cardboard box sealed with paper tape.
As part of their partnership with Ecologi, Star Earth plant 25 trees with every trade order – to off-set the carbon footprint of each customer they work with. Star Earth is a division of Star Editions Limited.